LiftMaster Garage Door Opener Installation / Repair
Model 3280 1/2HP 3280-267 1/2HP GARAGE DOOR OPENER
ASSEMBLY STEP 1
Attach the Rail to the Motor Unit
To avoid installation difficulties, do not run the
garage door opener until instructed to do so.
• Remove the two washered bolts mounted in top of
• Align rail and styrofoam over sprocket. Cut tape
from rail, belt and styrofoam.
• REMOVE STYROFOAM.
• Insert washered bolts through the rail into the
motor unit. Tighten bolts securely.
Use only these bolts! Use of any other bolts
will cause serious damage to door opener.
• Position belt over the motor unit sprocket.
To avoid SERIOUS damage to opener, ONLY use
bolts/fasteners mounted in top of motor unit.
ASSEMBLY STEP 2
Set the Belt Tension
• By hand, thread the spring trolley nut on the
threaded shaft until it is finger tight against the
trolley (Figure 1). Do not use any tools.
• Insert a screwdriver tip into one of the nut ring
slots and brace it firmly against the trolley
• Place a 7/16″ open end wrench on the square
end. Rotate about 1/4 turn until the spring releases
and snaps the nut ring against the trolley
This extends the spring for optimum belt tension.
ASSEMBLY STEP 3
Attach the Belt Cap Retainer
• Position the belt cap retainer over the motor unit
sprocket so the two holes in cap align with the two
holes in mounting plate. Attach with 8×3/8″ hex
You have now finished assembling your garage
door opener. Please read the following warnings
before proceeding to the installation section.
LiftMaster 3280 Model 3280 1/2HP 3280-267 1/2HP GARAGE DOOR OPENER
Other Common LiftMaster Garage Door Openers We Service
Why Choose Garage Tec Garage Door Repair Arlington Services?
All of our techs are experienced and have been around in the business for a long time. We are a trust Arlington Garage Door Service and Installer. Here is why:
- We are LOCAL
- We are INSURED
- Our vehicles are marked
- Our staff is UNIFORMED
- We have repaired garage door openers, replaced broken garage door torsion springs and replaced broken garage door panels for over 1,500 HOMES UP TILL NOW
- We have collectively 30,000 MAN-HOURS OF EXPERIENCE in the garage door service industry.
- We fix broken springs for all garage door systems, residential or commercial overhead doors.
- We are able to handle all the brands and models of garage door & garage door openers includes the ones that other garage door companies wont mess with.
- We are locally owned and operated
- All our technicians are our employees
- We are professionals & courteous
- We are open 365 DAYS A YEAR
- We give a 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.
- We offer insurance ON ALL WORK PERFORMED BY US!
We use top brands created by industry-leaders that were built to last and perform. All of our repair and replacement parts are carefully selected with our customers’ needs in mind. We use parts that impress us – such as anti-rust hardware and enduring springs – as these are important features that can help assure your garage door stays in good, working condition as long as possible. Regardless of the weather, we are there for you! We offer emergency and same day services every day of the week, year round. Customer service representatives are available 24/7 to answer your questions and get you on our schedule. Call us today to see why we are the best in DFW!
Affordable Service, Quality Work
High quality service and products aren’t really that great unless you also get an excellent, affordable price. We do everything we can to help our customers save money, and we’re happy to lay out all options for you and discuss financial constraints. We also offer specials, discounts, and coupons year round to help minimize your cost (and boost your satisfaction!) while continuing to deliver the best possible garage door solution to all of DFW.
LOOKING FOR A GARAGE DOOR REPAIR PROS?
CALL (682) 626-6914 NOW!
Or contact us online using our contact form!